We are expanding our R&D/Engineering Team and are seeking a FEM/FEA Expert to contribute to IMSE™ technology development as well as supporting customer projects globally. The primary location of the position is in Oulu, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Research and apply FEM/FEA simulations and analysis methodologies to support IMSE™ technology development
- Develop FEA/FEM simulation workflow for IMSE™ manufacturing process conditions to enable virtualized designs and manufacturing flow
- Create simulation material models for new materials. Further refine models through measurement and simulation.
- Ramp-up and lead simulation methodology and toolchain to enable virtual designs and manufacturing of IMSE™ technology
- Cooperate with material and manufacturing specialists as well as development engineers and external simulation suppliers
- Support advanced troubleshooting during the manufacturing of IMSE™ products and related manufacturing process development (Thermoforming & Injection Molding)
- Simulate customer designs robustness to secure manufacturability, reliability and cost aspects
We expect you to have:
- Minimum M.Sc. or higher level education
- Self-initiative and hands-on attitude
- More that 3 years of applicable FEM/FEA simulation experience
- Knowledge of structural calculations like thermal expansion, heat transfer of mechanics, and plastics engineering
- Understanding of tolerances, tolerance chains (dimensional and geometrical), and tolerance calculations
- Understanding on Plastic materials characteristics, Thermoforming and Injection Molding
- Ability to work both independently and with international cross-functional project teams
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Additional beneficial competences::
- Experience on CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Familiarity with IML or FIM technologies
- A previous position in a company in the automotive field.
- Basics of Six Sigma methodologies such as Design of Experiments, Monte Carlo analysis, Capability Analysis
What we offer:
We are a modern, fast paced growth company, where you get to work with world leading IMSE professionals and best known global brands. Our people have high autonomy and they can affect the way their role at TactoTek develops. Combining work and other life is easy and flexible ways of working and remote work were a norm even before Covid-19. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The position is filled as soon as the right person is found.