We are expanding our Engineering Team and seeking a Mechanical Engineer to contribute to customer projects and IMSE™ technology development. The primary location of the position is Oulu, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Mechanics design for Injection Molded Structural Electronics (IMSE ™ ) products
- Creating design concepts in cooperation with customer teams
- Cooperate with simulation experts to verify designs
- Cooperate with tool design suppliers and review new tool designs
- Troubleshooting mechanics related issues during the manufacturing of IMSE™ products and related manufacturing process development (Forming & IM)
- Research and testing new methodologies for developing and applying IMSE™ technology using simulations and analysis tools.
We expect you to have:
- Minimum B.Sc. or higher level education from mechanical engineering
- 3-5 years of applicable design experience
- Hands-on attitude
- Ability to work both independently and in close cooperation with cross-functional project teams
- Understanding of tolerances, tolerance chains (dimensional and geometrical), and tolerance calculations
- Experience with 3D CAD software such as Catia or similar
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Additional beneficial competences::
- A previous position in a company in the automotive field.
- Familiarity with IML or FIM technologies
- Mechanical simulations and analysis (FEM Moldflow) experience
- Understanding of both perceived and visual quality in mechanics
- Knowledge of structural calculations like thermal expansion, hardness (surface treatments and surface quality), heat transfer of mechanics, and plastics engineering
What we offer:
We are a modern, fast paced growth company, where you get to work with world leading IMSE professionals and best known global brands. Our people have high autonomy and they can affect the way their role at TactoTek develops. Combining work and other life is easy and flexible ways of working and remote work were a norm even before Covid-19. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The position is filled as soon as the right person is found.