TactoTek is on a mission to transform the global electronics industry by developing and licensing injection molded smart structure technologies that enable brands to create differentiated and compelling user experiences
We are expanding our team with a Field Application Engineer (FAE) with project management capability, who can take care of the international customer projects from pre-sales to production. The customers are OEMs and Tier suppliers mainly in automotive, smart home/IoT, white goods and consumer electronics. Primary location of the position is Oulu, Finland. This position reports to Director of Field Application Engineering, located in Oulu, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting pre- and post sales activities, including participating in prospect/ customer sales visits, partner meetings and relevant exhibitions
- Providing technical customer support to enable evaluation and implementation of TactoTek technology in customer projects
- Collecting the customer requirements and studying the feasibility of the suggested solution and/ or design, and creating the IMSE concept
- Identifying, establishing, planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities, tasks, and resources in the context of the project requirements and constraints
- Initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling of projects
- Leading and owning the customer project and representing it according to the company’s development processes
- Making sure that the project scope fulfills customer expectations, requirements and is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standards
We expect you to have:
- Minimum BSc degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding and experience in Electro-Mechanical Designs
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Project Management, FAE, Technical Sales, Technical Support or Sales roles in customer interface
- Experience working directly with automotive customers in a Sales or Technical sales role
- Proven track record in project management, ideally PMI certified or equivalent
- Excellent and wide engineering skills. Automotive background, ideally for interior or exterior applications is seen as a great benefit
- Knowledge of industry standards (e.g. in automotive ISO/TS 16949, ASPICE and ISO26262)
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Industrial/UI Design, Illumination Design, Software Design, Concept Creation or System Integration.
- Fluent English skills, German or French is a plus
- Ability to travel. Later on, there might be also possibilities to relocate to Europe, US or Asia
- Enthusiasm, self-initiative, and high level of motivation
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, especially in English. Close cooperation with the sales manager, field application engineering team and project team is essential.
What we offer:
We are a modern, fast paced growth company, where you get to work with world leading IMSE professionals and best known global brands. Our people have high autonomy and they can affect the way their role at TactoTek develops. Combining work and other life is easy and flexible ways of working and remote work were a norm even before Covid-19. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
The position is filled as soon as the right person is found