SALES DIRECTOR, USA
Sales - Detroit, Michigan, USA
TactoTek® is the global leader in in-mold structural electronics (IMSE™). With IMSE technology brands deliver high value, differentiated user experiences with smart molded structures—form, styling, electronic functionality and total cost efficiency that drive customer value across markets. TactoTek is dedicated to developing, validating and commercializing IMSE technology that transforms the way electronics are designed and built.
As the Director of North America Sales, you will have two primary objectives: 1) directly engage OEMs and brands in automotive, appliance, IoT and other markets to earn IMSE design wins; and 2) create IMSE technology licensing agreements with manufacturers for mass producing IMSE parts.
This position is open to candidates located in the United States. The primary location of the position is negotiable, preferably, but not limited to, Greater Detroit, Chicago, Seattle or Southern California.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and engaging, and managing the development of prospects for IMSE parts and to become TactoTek-licensed IMSE manufacturers
- Identifying customer requirements with precision and developing proposals
- Partnering with TactoTek employees in the US, Finland and globally to engage the appropriate resources to meet prospect requirements
- Negotiating agreements according to TactoTek guidelines and principles
- Supporting company promotional activities as requested, such as trade exhibitions and conferences
- Reporting prospect/customer-related activities promptly and thoroughly in reporting tools and meetings
We expect you to have:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or another relevant field
- Track record of solution selling to brands/OEMs and/or their suppliers, preferably in automotive, appliances home automation and IoT
- Demonstrated success identifying, developing and closing business
- Advanced negotiation skills—the ability to understand, communicate and negotiate price structures and legal terms
- Being a self-starter who takes the initiative to proactively identify opportunities and find solutions
- Understanding of electro-mechanical designs, and/or film-insert molding