ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT
Business Enablers - Oulu, Finland, Headquarters
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for accurate and timely processing of invoices and/or expense claims, identifying any issues when they occur and working with stakeholders to provide excellent service to our internal and external customers.
- Purchase invoices pre-posting and circulation according to approval matrix
- Participating in implementation and development of new purchase order system
- Comparing invoices to purchase order system
- Controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Charging expenses to accounts, cost centers and projects by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Clearing out obscurities in invoices internally and externally by working closely with other departments such as Sourcing as well as other requisitioners and approvers to highlight issues such as price or quantity variations from Purchase Orders.
- Handling and pre-posting of Finnish and global travel and cost claims
- Producing data for internal accounting, ad-hoc reporting
Accounts Payable Assistant Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field, OR
- Have experience working within Accounts Payable and knowledge about bookkeeping accounts
- Have the confidence to communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Be able to provide a consistently high level of customer focus
- Possess great “attention to detail” skills
- Have the ability to plan your own work and meet deadlines
- Knowledge on Finnish accounting and tax legislation
- Ability to focus on repeating work without losing accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Have experience working with ERP systems
- Ability to learn new systems quickly, willingness to develop processes
- Proficient excel user