TactoTek is the world leader in injection molded structural electronics (IMSE™). TactoTek technologies transform the global electronics industry by merging mechanics and electronics into smart molded structures.
With TactoTek® IMSE™ technology OEMs deliver differentiated and compelling customer value across markets. TactoTek is dedicated to innovating, developing and verifying IMSE technology. Manufacturing IMSE parts uses clean additive processes, less plastics and reduces greenhouse gas emissions. TactoTek supports IMSE licensees that globally mass produce reliable, economical IMSE smart molded structures.
We are expanding our Engineering Team and seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to contribute to customer projects and IMSE™ technology development. The primary location of the position is in Oulu, Finland.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Embedded SW design and development (C/C++) for small scale MCU's mainly targeting for touch, illumination and haptic applications
- SW testing and debugging in target hardware
- Develop and maintain product software interface(s) towards production, verification and validation test systems
- Converting product requirements to functional SW requirements
- Developing and maintaining production test software
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of embedded SW development, preferably in C or C++ in AVR or ARM Cortex M environments
- Familiarity of common communication buses like UART, I2C, SPI
- SW and HW debug skills and proficiency with embedded tool chain
- Basic know how of measurement instruments eq. DMM, oscilloscope and logic analyzer to support debugging
- Familiarity with version control systems like GIT
- Self-motivated and hands-on attitude
- Good communication skills in English as you need to talk and write in English on daily basis
- Minimum B.Sc. or higher level education
- Ability to work both independently and in close cooperation with cross-functional project teams
Additional beneficial competences:
- Ability to rework and modify hardware
- SW architecture and system design skills
- C#, Python or any OOP programming language knowledge
- Automotive SW processes and standards knowledge
What we offer:
We are a modern, fast paced growth company, where you get to work with world leading IMSE professionals and best known global brands. Our people have high autonomy and they can affect the way their role at TactoTek develops. Combining work and other life is easy, and flexible ways of working and remote work were a norm even before Covid-19. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The position is filled as soon as the right person is found.